IBM RAD 7 and Windows 7

Are you having the problem with IBM RAD 7(Version: 7.0.0) in Windows 7 OS?  While using IBM RAD 7 in Windows 7 I am having some problems.
  • The debugger is not working properly. Debugger works fine when I start the RAD and server first time with already set breakpoints.  Most of the time the application stops at first breakpoint only and does not stop at other breakpoints even though those breakpoints were set already. If I try to set new breakpoints I can set them and the application stops at breakpoints as well some time but most of the time the RAD is not responding and crashes itself immediately and  the error window is displayed as shown.
                                  


  • After RAD crashes, I go to task manager and kill java process. Then I re launch the RAD from beginning. But this time the application does not stop even in the first breakpoint.  If I continue closing RAD, killing java process and re launching RAD from beginning multiple times the application stops at first breakpoint but not at others and previous problem repeats.

  •  There is problem to run JUnit test cases as well. While running JUnit  test cases nothing happens(the JUunit test case neither fails nor passes)

 
 But in Console it throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException saying that parameter '-port' is  not specified.




Some time I can run JUnit test case first time only . But same problem if I run the test case second time.
These problems are occurring frequently. Debugger and JUnit work rarely. This is very difficult to find when debugger and JUnit work though it is first time.

Being frustrated with this I searched  much in web but could not find anything helpful.
Regarding why application was not stopping at breakpoints I found this material from IBM’s site.

 It syas A possible reason for this behavior is that another process is already using port 7777, which is the port that is used by RAD


This was some informative and helpful but it did not work to fix the problem.

I even re-installed the RAD but problems were still there.

Then I thought whether the problem is with Windows 7. My question was if Windows 7 and RAD are compatible.  Nothing is mentioned regarding compatibility of RAD 7 and Windows 7. But going through two links in IBM’s site regarding Windows 7 support and RAD 7 I was much sure there is something wrong between RAD 7 and Windows 7.

Windows 7:


This describes Microsoft Windows 7 support for Rational products as


RAD 7:

 
This describes ystem Requirements for Rational Application Developer version 7.0.0.x  as


 
Then I installed the RAD 7.5 and Problem with debugger and JUnit were not repeated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Questions for Big Data Technologies at Institute of Engineering(IOE), Tribhuvan University, Nepal

Unable to evaluate the selected expression while debugging Java project in eclipse

Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux